Chairwoman: Terri DiSciullo
City Council: Ted Forcht, Chuck Kiester, Michael F. Minozzi Jr.,
Robert J. Popoff, William D. Trotter, E. Glenn Tucker
City Manager: A. William Moss
City Clerk: Laura Litzan City Attorney: Rich Yovanovich
Monday, September 18, 2006, 6:00 PM
Frank E. Mackle Jr. Community Park, 1361 Andalusia Terrace
Marco Island, Florida
Notice: Formal action may be taken on any item discussed or added to this agenda. Any person who decides to appeal any decision made by the City Council with respect to any matter considered at this meeting or hearing will need a record of the proceedings and may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be heard.
1. ROLL CALL
2. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Reverend Joy Baumgartner, United Church of Marco Island
3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
4. PUBLIC COMMENT (ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA)
(A) PUBLIC HEARINGS – Millage Rates and Budgets:
· ORDINANCE – Second Reading & Public Hearing – An Ordinance Determining and Fixing the 2006 Tax Levy and Millage Rate for the City of Marco Island.
· ORDINANCE – Second Reading & Public Hearing – An Ordinance Determining and Fixing the 2006 Tax Levy and Millage Rate for the Hideaway Beach Special Taxing District.
· ORDINANCE – Second Reading & Public Hearing – An Ordinance Adopting the Final Budget for the City of Marco Island, for the Fiscal Year Commencing October 1, 2006 and Ending September 30, 2007.
· ORDINANCE – Second Reading & Public Hearing – An Ordinance Adopting the Final Budget for the Hideaway Beach Special Taxing District for the Fiscal Year Commencing October 1, 2006 and Ending September 30, 2007.
(B) ORDINANCE – Second Reading & Public Hearing – Budget Re-Appropriation Ordinance.
(C) RESOLUTION – A Resolution Establishing Utility Rates.
6. CONSENT AGENDA
All matters listed under this item are considered routine and action will be taken by one motion without separate discussion of each item. If discussion is desired by a member of Council, that item(s) will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately.
(A) Council Minutes for September 5, 2006 (Regular Meeting).
(B) Request to Use Mackle Park for “Relay for Life” – American Cancer Society
(C) Approval for Utility Master Agreement with FDOT – Judge Jolley Bridge.
(D) Resolution – A Resolution Calling for Public Hearing – Assessment Collection.
(A) Employee of the Month for September
5. BUSINESS (continued)
(D) RESOLUTION – Public Hearing – Petition CU-05-02, Clay C. Brooker of Cheffy, Pasidomo, Wilson and Johnson, representing Trinity Plaza LLC, is requesting conditional use approval for a mixed residential and commercial building including 18 condominium units and 20,774 square feet of retail/office space in accordance with Section 30-24 (16) of the C-3 zoning districts for property located at the southeast corner of San Marco Road and Balmoral Court, further described as Lot 1, Block 147, Marco Beach Unit Five.
(E) RESOLUTION – Racquet Center Fees.
(F) DISCUSSION – City Manager Annual Performance Review.
(G) DISCUSSION – Swale Parking.
(H) DISCUSSION – Amending Parks Rules Ordinances to Allow Dogs on Leashes within City Parks.
(I) DISCUSSION – Proposed Mutual and Reciprocal Parking License Agreement between City and First Baptist Church of Marco Island.
8. COUNCIL COMMUNICATIONS AND DISCUSSION
9. FUTURE AGENDA
10. PUBLIC COMMENT (ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA)
We encourage our citizens to participate in the governing of Marco Island. Public comments are appreciated. We respectfully ask our citizens to be courteous, and to respect the rights of others to petition City Council and express their opinions.
We also ask that Public comment be limited to four minutes. The timekeeper located on the City Clerk’s desk is there to assist citizens with keeping track of the four-minute public comment period. The green light will change to a flashing green light when the speaker has two minutes remaining; the light will turn yellow when one minute remains; the light will turn red and a tone will sound when time has expired.